Teach letter formation and handwriting with a foam tray!
if you are having trouble finding them in the produce department of your grocery store. SIDE NOTE- You can also use take-out containers. Wash and dry the lid and cut the flat part. You’re now ready to practice letter formation and handwriting.
Tripod grasp and strengthening during handwriting
Fun ways to work on Letter Formation:
- High-Contrast Letter Formation
- Sensory Letter Formation Practice
- Tracing Letters: Letter Formation Handwriting Practice with Chalk
- Tracing Lines with a DIY Light Box
- Improving Pencil Grasp With Fine Motor Play Activities
- Fine Motor Coordination with a Cereal Box (activity to improve tripod grasp)
- Gift Guide: Toys to Improve Pencil Grasp
Colleen Beck, OTR/L is an occupational therapist with 20+ years experience, graduating from the University of Pittsburgh in 2000. Colleen created The OT Toolbox to inspire therapists, teachers, and parents with easy and fun tools to help children thrive. As the creator, author, and owner of the website and its social media channels, Colleen strives to empower those serving kids of all levels and needs. Want to collaborate? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.