We made these fun pumpkins one day and have been playing with them a lot lately.
We started by painting an egg carton orange.
Big Sister then helped me paint 12 golf tees a nice shade of green.
Egg Carton Pumpkins
I cut the pumpkins apart and we got busy playing! They went first into a fall sensory bin. Perfect for hiding in corn, counting, seeking, and exploring! I think we’ll be using our little pumpkins a lot this fall 🙂
Egg Carton Pumpkins and Fine Motor Play
These egg carton pumpkins are a great addition to our Pumpkin Theme Fine Motor Kit.
Grab the Pumpkin Fine Motor Kit for more coloring, cutting, and eye-hand coordination activities with a Pumpkin theme! It includes:
- 7 digital products that can be used any time of year- has a “pumpkins” theme
- 5 pumpkin scissor skills cutting strips
- Pumpkin scissor skills shapes- use in sensory bins, math, sorting, pattern activities
- 2 pumpkin visual perception mazes with writing activity
- Pumpkin “I Spy” sheet – color in the outline shapes to build pencil control and fine motor strength
- Pumpkin Lacing cards – print, color, and hole punch to build bilateral coordination skills
- 2 Pumpkin theme handwriting pages – single and double rule bold lined paper for handwriting practice
Work on underlying fine motor and visual motor integration skills so you can help students excel in handwriting, learning, and motor skill development.
You can grab this Pumpkin Fine Motor kit for just $6!
Colleen Beck, OTR/L is an occupational therapist with 20+ years experience, graduating from the University of Pittsburgh in 2000. Colleen created The OT Toolbox to inspire therapists, teachers, and parents with easy and fun tools to help children thrive. As the creator, author, and owner of the website and its social media channels, Colleen strives to empower those serving kids of all levels and needs. Want to collaborate? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6 thoughts on “Egg Carton Pumpkins Fall Sensory Bin”
Oh yes! This will be a perfect sensory bin project for my preschoolers this fall. THANK YOU!!! This is soooo cute.
Thank you! We had a lot of fun with it and I hope your preschoolers do too!
plan to add this to my fall round up with a link and photo. Please let me know if this is not ok:)
This is a great way to make your own hands-on craft about pumpkins. I will try this one this year with my kiddos! Thank you for linking up this week to the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop 🙂
I love your egg carton pumpkins! We have a fall sensory bin with corn and some other fall items and these pumpkins would make a nice addition!
Comments are closed.